On Thursday, January 27, Apple announced its financial results for the fiscal first quarter of 2022 with an all-time high revenue in iPhone, Mac, and services.
Apple’s first quarter covering the months of October, November, and December, ended on December 25, 2021, and the company reported a revenue of $123.9 billion in the December quarter, an increase of 11% as compared to the last year in the same quarter and recorded a net profit of $34.6 billion and earnings-per-share of $2.10.
And for this great financial achievement, Apple CEO Tim Cook said,
"This quarter’s record results were made possible by our most innovative lineup of products and services ever. We are gratified to see the response from customers around the world at a time when staying connected has never been more important. We are doing all we can to help build a better world — making progress toward our goal of becoming carbon neutral across our supply chain and products by 2030, and pushing forward with our work in education and racial equity and justice."
And because of the stunning iPhone 13 lineup, the most advanced M1 Pro and M1 Max-powered MacBook Pro models, wearables, and services product categories reached all-time highs in terms of revenue. Considering financial conditions with profitability, Apple is still placed at the top of the list of the most valuable company in the world.
Here’s what Apple CFO Luca Maestri said about the company’s latest financial results.
"The very strong customer response to our recent launch of new products and services drove double-digit growth in revenue and earnings, and helped set an all-time high for our installed base of active devices. These record operating results allowed us to return nearly $27 billion to our shareholders during the quarter, as we maintain our target of reaching a net cash neutral position over time."
Revenue of Apple’s All Product Categories:
- iPhone: $71.63 billion, 9% increase year over year
- iPad: $7.25 billion, 14% decrease year over year
- Mac: $10.85 billion, 25% increase year over year
- Services: $19.5 billion, 24% increase year over
- Home, Wearables, and Accessories: $14.70 billion, 13% increase year over year
Apple’s board of directors proclaimed a cash dividend of $0.22 per share on the common stock of the company. The dividend will record as of the close of quarter business on February 7 and it is payable to shareholders on February 10, 2022.
Apple has already completed its conference call with investors and analysts to discuss more financial reports, which was begun at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET on January 27, however, the webcast will still be available for replay for about two weeks.
- ‘The Afterparty’ Comedy Now Streaming on Apple TV+
- Apple Released iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 Beta 1 to Developers – Here’s What’s New?
- Apple TV+ Officially Confirmed to Premiere New “Pachinko” Highly-Anticipated Drama
- Apple Search Ads Now Supports Custom Product Pages in App Store Search Results
- Apple Released iOS 15.3 and iPadOS 15.3 – Here’s What’s New?