Today, Apple released the official stable version of iOS 16.1 for all eligible iPhone and iPad users across the world which includes a number of useful features.
This is an over-the-air update with a new build number 20B82 and customers of the iPhone 8 and/or later can now download the major new update by heading over to Settings > General > Software update.
iOS 16.1 – All the new features
- Battery percentage indicator in the status bar on all iPhones with Face ID
- Edit Home Screen without having to edit the Lock Screen
- iCloud Shared Photo Library
- Live Activities
- New “Clean Energy Charging” option to reduce carbon emissions by charging selectively through analyzing daily usage
- Reachability support specifically for iPhone 14 Pro models
- The battery percentage level now shows a visual indicator
- On the Lock Screen, The battery level of the iPhone is now displayed above the time
- A strange bug that was asked to approve every copy-and-paste attempt is now resolved
- Updated Wallpaper Gallery design alongside new options to customize wallpapers as well as add new ones
- Stage Manager can now be accessible on 2018 iPad Pro models and later, which was limited to M1 iPad Air and M1 iPad Pro models.
- Gray border around Dynamic Island on the iPhone 14 Pro models when using Dark Mode or black wallpapers
Along with iOS 16.1, Apple also released the official stable version of iPadOS 16.1, watchOS 9.1, macOS Ventura, and tvOS 16.1. You can know more about the major new update in the official press release.